What does it cover?
This policy provides insurance cover if your insured keys are lost, stolen, broken, or locked inside your home or vehicle.
What is covered
- The keys to your home and vehicle.
- Up to £1,500 for locksmith charges if your insured keys are lost, stolen, or locked in your home or vehicle.
- Up to £1,500 for new locks if there is a security risk to your home or vehicle due to the loss or theft your insured keys.
- Up to £1,500 for replacement keys if your insured keys are lost or stolen.
- Up to £50 towards locksmith charges and replacement keys if an insured key is broken.
- Up to £80 per claim for onward transport costs if you have no access to your vehicle due to lost, stolen or broken insured keys.
- Up to £40 per day for vehicle hire, up to 3 days, if you are unable to access your vehicle, due to lost, stolen or broken insured keys.
- Up to £120 for accommodation costs if you have no access to your home due to lost, stolen or broken insured keys.
What is NOT covered
- Any amount that exceeds the £1,500 cover limit.
- Insured keys lost by or stolen from someone other than you, or an immediate family member permanently living at your home address.
- Any costs other than the replacement of insured keys where you have access to duplicate keys.
- Any property other than an insured key and its associated lock or ignition system, and any immobiliser, infrared handset and/or alarm attached to the insured key.
- Any loss of market value to your motor vehicle or home as a result of lost, stolen or broken insured keys.
- Locks that are damaged prior to the loss, theft or accidental damage of insured keys.
- More than 3 replacement keys for locks in your home and 2 replacement keys for vehicle locks.
- Costs arising from a default your vehicle electronic control unit.
- Cancellation by Policyholder
The Policyholder may cancel this Policy at any time. If the Policyholder cancels within
14 days of either receiving the Policy documentation or from the start date of the
Policy (whichever is later) then any premium already paid will be returned (providing
that no claims have been made on the Policy).
If the Policyholder cancels outside this period, there is no entitlement to a refund of
The Insurer is Financial & Legal Insurance Company Limited, a company registered in
England and Wales under company number 03034220, whose registered office is at
No.1 Lakeside, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 3GW.
The Insurer is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority – Firm Reference