GAP (guaranteed asset protection) insurance is a product designed to protect your financial position in the event that your car is written off or declared a total loss through an accident or theft. Cars are designed to protect the occupants, and include crumple zones and air bags. This means cars are declared as a total loss, or beyond economic repair, by insurers with increasing frequency.
Importantly, Assurity Solutions GAP insurance will pay the difference between the current insured (usually market) value of your car and the original invoice price (return to invoice GAP), or between the current insured value and the outstanding finance amount (finance shortfall Gap).
Assurity Solutions also provide GAP insurance for contract or lease hire, which may include cover for advance rentals that have been made.
What is covered
- The financial shortfall between the purchase price of your vehicle and the insured value
- The financial shortfall between the purchase price of your vehicle and the early settlement amount that you owe to your finance company
- Factory fitted options
- The excess amount payable on your motor insurance policy to a maximum of £250.00
What is NOT covered
- Your vehicle if it is used for track days, courier, delivery, taxi, or minicab use
- If the total loss occurred after it was taken or driven without your consent by a family member, spouse or partner
- Fuel, paintwork protection applications, road fund licence
- Accessories fitted subsequently to the purchase of the vehicle
- Any theft or malicious damage claim which is not accompanied by a valid and substantiated crime reference number
- You may cancel this insurance policy within 30 days and receive a full refund providing you have not and do not intend to make a claim
- Claims must be submitted within 60 days of the total loss occurring
- You may cancel this policy at any time after 30 days and receive a pro rata refund subject to a policy administration fee
- You must not accept a motor insurance settlement without first contacting our claims line