What is Excess Protect Insurance?
This policy covers the excess applying to your car motor insurance policy in the event of a valid claim, where the excess is exceeded and cannot be recovered from a third party.
This policy will suit the demands and needs of a customer who is a qualified and licensed driver over seventeen (17) years of age who owns a car or cars used for social domestic and pleasure use including commuting to a single place of work and/or in connection with their business and who wish to cover the cost of any excesses that have been deducted from an agreed motor insurers settlement amount as part of a successful claim under a motor insurance policy.
What is covered
This insurance will pay the cost of the excess deducted from the motor insurers claim
settlement, provided that the excess is exceeded, in the event of:
• Accidental damage to your vehicle that was your fault
• A disputed fault claim that cannot be resolved within 6 months of the incident
• A fire, flood, theft or vandalism claim that is settled under your motor insurance
• Covers the policyholder and all named drivers detailed in your motor insurance policy.
• Covers the vehicle detailed in the policy schedule and your motor insurance policy.
What is NOT covered
Any claim where the excess(es) under your motor insurance policy is not exceeded.
• Vehicles used in connection with the business of couriering or haulage
• Vehicles driven by drivers under the age of 17.
• Any claim where a third party has paid or agreed to pay your excess(es).
• Any claim which occurred prior to the Excess Protect start date shown in the
• Any contribution to or deduction from any motor insurers settlement amount
other than the stated policy excess(es) for which you are responsible.
• Any claim arising as a direct result of the electrical or mechanical breakdown of
• Any excess claim arising from glass repair or replacement.
- You may cancel this policy within fourteen (14) days of the policy purchase date and obtain a full refund of premium, provided that no claims have been made.
- If you cancel this policy after fourteen (14) days from the policy purchase date, you will not be entitled to any refund.
- Available cover limits Between £300-£1,000
- Cover available for vehicles weighing no more than 7.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight